Angry? Upset? That Luton Rising has applied to almost double the capacity of Luton Airport?
You might be feeling that you are powerless in the face of plans to expand the airport to 32 million passengers per year. But there is a great deal that you CAN do to make sure that our park is not lost; to ensure that our homes are not bombarded with even more airport noise; that the smells in Wigmore and South wards don’t get any worse; that the air pollution doesn’t become even more dangerous; and that local roads don’t become even more congested.
We have learnt that the National Planning Inspectors like to listen and pay particular attention to the everyday public, so one of the key things you can do is Register as an Interested Party
Here’s what you can do to help! –
- Register to be an interested party (Our friends at LADACAN have produced an excellent guide to registration: https://ladacan.org/how-to-oppose-the-future-luton-plan/)
- Deliver leaflets
- Look after our volunteers (perhaps with tea and cake when we’ve been out in the streets campaigning?)
- Help with reading documents and pulling out key facts
- Use the Internet to keep an eye on events
- Run or chair meetings and sub-groups (even if you don’t have detailed knowledge of the issues)
- Prepare relevant tweets, tik-tok videos, Facebook posts, Instagram visuals etc
- Be a librarian for all of our documents and print matter
- Display a poster
- Write a letter to your local paper
- Contact your local MP
- Contact your local councillor- https://democracy.luton.gov.uk/cmis5public/Councillors.aspx
- Support by making a donation
- Support friends who have no access to the web – advice them to :
- If you are unable to register online but would like to, call —
- The Planning Inspectorate’s helpline on 0303 444 5000, and Quote the Application and the Planning Inspectorate’s Reference Number : TR020001
And support friends who have no access to the web, advise them to call :
The Planning Inspectorate’s helpline on 0303 444 5000, and Quote the Application and the Planning Inspectorate’s Reference Number : TR020001
Please tell us now how you might be able to help : Contact us on SLAE.Enquiries@gmail.com.
And download our leaflet and pass it on!